We will be opening our doors to customers again from Monday 7th September
Library opening times for customers:
Monday 2pm – 4pm
Friday 10am – 12 noon
Risk Assessments have been updated and we follow current COVID 19 guidance to ensure that we operate in a safe manner for our library users and volunteers.
Please note, Totley Library is a voluntary run organisation and we are currently operating with a reduced number of volunteers. We ask for your patience as we try to establish the new service.
The new procedures for using the Library
- A face covering must be worn throughout your visit unless exempt.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before entering the Library.
- Track & Trace – you will be asked to give your name and phone number.
- A library card is essential.
- Please respect social distancing in the Library at all times.
- We allow 3 people in the Adult library and 1 adult plus child(ren) in the Children’s.
- You have up to 15 minutes to select and check out books.
- The photocopier, computers and the toilet will not be available.
These new procedures will be regularly reviewed.
In the near future, we intend to gradually increase the number of sessions we offer and re-introduce the PN computers, printer and photocopier.
Returned books: as before will be quarantined for a period of at least 72 hours.
Book donations: we are unable to accept these until further notice.
For updates please see Facebook@TotleyLibrary, the Newsletter and Noticeboards.
Contact details: Email address email@example.com. Telephone: 0114 2363971
Whilst we have been closed we have been busy purchasing lots of new books and you will be able to check out our best sellers, “lockdown” reads and current hot topics.
You can search or browse online for books we have in stock at Totley Library by following the links below:
Our “Order and Collect” service will continue to operate as before.
Monday orders will be ready for collection on Friday. Friday orders will be ready for collection on the following Monday. We will do our best to fulfill your request but in the event of your book choice not being available we reserve the right to offer you a suitable alternative.
Order forms are available at the library or you can download it below:
If possible, please email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also order by telephone during our opening hours (tel. 0114 2363971).
Please do not use the council system to place holds on books as we will only have access to those books currently held at Totley.
When searching for books, make sure you set the search location to ‘Totley Library’.
Please bring your library card with you when collecting your order. If you are asking someone to collect books for you, please ensure that they have your full details and library card number.
Please note the following changes in the library operation to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Books should be returned and collected from the foyer of the Library. You can browse for books online via our website but you will not be able to browse in the Library.
- Books will be quarantined for a period of at least 72 hours when they are returned.
- We have Risk Assessment in place and will follow current guidance to ensure that the service operates in a safe manner both for our library users and volunteers.
- We ask you to respect the social distancing signs.
- PN computers, printer and photocopier will not be available for use.
- The public toilets will not be available.
- We are unable to take any book donations until further notice.