Opening times for “Order and Collect” service at Totley Library:
Monday 2pm – 4pm
Friday 10am – 12 noon
Please note that initially, we are only able to lend books (maximum of 5) from Adult Library.
Whilst we have been closed we have been busy purchasing lots of new books and you will be able to check out our best sellers, “lockdown” reads and current hot topics.
You can search or browse online for books we have in stock at Totley Library by following the links below:
We will be taking email orders from Monday 6th July.
Monday orders will be ready for collection on Friday. Friday orders will be ready for collection on the following Monday. We will do our best to fulfill your request but in the event of your book choice not being available we reserve the right to offer you a suitable alternative.
Order forms are available at the library or you can download it below:
If possible, please email your requests to email@example.com. You can also order by telephone during our opening hours (tel. 0114 2363971).
Please do not use the council system to place holds on books as we will only have access to those books currently held at Totley.
When searching for books, make sure you set the search location to ‘Totley Library’.
Please bring your library card with you when collecting your order. If you are asking someone to collect books for you, please ensure that they have your full details and library card number.
In response to the current Government and local guidance in relation to COVID-19, we have had to make many changes in the way we operate in the library to ensure everyone’s safety. Totley Library is a voluntary run organisation, we are currently operating with a reduced number of volunteers and we ask for your patience as we try to establish the new service. Please note the following changes:
- Books should be returned and collected from the foyer of the Library. You can browse for books online via our website but you will not be able to browse in the Library.
- Books will be quarantined for a period of at least 72 hours when they are returned.
- We have Risk Assessment in place and will follow current guidance to ensure that the service operates in a safe manner both for our library users and volunteers.
- We ask you to respect the social distancing signs.
- PN computers, printer and photocopier will not be available for use.
- The public toilets will not be available.
- We are unable to take any book donations until further notice.
We hope in the near future that we will be able to extend the opening times and provide books to our younger readers.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will again enjoy borrowing new titles, old favourites, audiobooks and large print books.