The Totley Library Cinema! Here is (almost) everything you need to know:
- We show three films a month, one film for adults, one for children and a Thursday afternoon showing which free for the over 65s (all ages welcome).
- Transport for the over 65s to the Thursday afternoon showing is available via Transport 17 or we will arrange a taxi for anyone unable to get to the library themselves. Please call the library on 0114 236 3971 to set this up (a small payment to Transport 17 is required).
- A stipulation of the licence states that only members of our organisation can attend film nights. That means that you must be a library member in order to watch a film. Please bring your library card with you to the film.
- Refreshments will be available on the day/night, including cold drinks for children, tea/coffee for adults, chocolates, crisps and biscuits. We'll even be selling ice creams!
Our current scheduled films are:
To start the festive season and restart the cinema events we have a free showing of The Snowman and The Snowman and the Snow Dog on Sunday 16th December at 2pm. This will be very popular so please book your tickets. There will be mince pies, cakes, ice creams and refreshments on sale.
Our regular sessions will be showing:
Thu 17 Jan 3:00pm The Sting
Sun 20 Jan 2:00pm Incredible 2
Fri 25 Jan 7:30pm Shawshank Redemption
Thu 14 Feb 3:00pm The Shape of Water
Sun 17 Feb 2:00pm Christopher Robinson
Fri 22 Feb 7:30pm The Greatest Showman, possibly sing-a-long?
Thu 14 Mar 3:00pm The Greatest Showman
Sun 17 Mar 2:00pm The Grinch
Fri 22 Mar 7:30pm The Shape of Water
- Tickets for all announced films (see our Facebook page or our cinema section in the library) are available to buy from the main desk in the library. Tickets will cost £4.00 for adults, £2.50 for children.
- If you would like to know more about Totley Library Cinema or to receive our e-mail newsletter which will include details of upcoming films in the library, please fill in the form below.