The Totley Library Cinema is now open! Here is (almost) everything you need to know:
- We show three films a month, one film for adults, one for children, and a Thursday afternoon film which is free for the over 65s (all ages are welcome).
- Transport for the over 65s to the Thursday afternoon film is available via Transport 17 or we will arrange a taxi for anyone unable to get to the library themselves. Please call the library on 0114 236 3971 to set this up (a small payment to Transport 17 is required).
- A stipulation of the licence states that only members of our organisation can attend Totley Cinema. That means that you must be a library member in order to watch a film. Please bring your library card with you to the film.
- Refreshments will be available on the day/night, including cold drinks for children, tea/coffee for adults, chocolates, crisps and biscuits. We'll even be selling ice creams.
- We now have an on-line survey so you can get involved in choosing the next films to be shown at the library cinema. Click on the following link to complete the short survey: Totley Cinema Film Club Survey. Please remember to visit the survey regularly to vote on any new film suggestions that we have included.
- More information about which films we are showing can be found on our Facebook Page or via our e-mail newsletter (sign up below). Dates for all forthcoming films are as follows:
Children 18/03/18 2:00pm Paddington 2 - postponed due to snow until June.
Friday 23/03/18 7:30pm Victoria and Abdul
Thursday 29/03/18 3:00pm My Cousin Rachel
Children 15/04/18 2:00pm Sing
Friday 20/04/18 7:30pm My Cousin Rachel
Thursday 26/04/18 3:00pm Victoria and Abdul
Children 13/05/18 2:00pm Ferdinand
Friday 18/05/18 7:30pm Dunkirk
Thursday 24/05/18 3:00pm Shawshank Redemption
Don't forget to regularly visit our film survey to have your say on the next series of films to be shown.
- Tickets for all announced films (see our Facebook page or our cinema section in the library) are available to buy from the main desk in the library. Tickets will cost £4.00 for adults, £2.50 for children.
- If you would like to know more about Totley Library Cinema or to receive our e-mail newsletter which will include details of upcoming films in the library, please fill in the form below.