The Totley Library Cinema is now open! Here is (almost) everything you need to know:
- We show three films a month, one film for adults, one for children, and a Thursday afternoon film which is free for the over 65s (all ages are welcome).
- Transport for the over 65s to the Thursday afternoon film is available via Transport 17 or we will arrange a taxi for anyone unable to get to the library themselves. Please call the library on 0114 236 3971 to set this up (a small payment to Transport 17 is required).
- A stipulation of the licence states that only members of our organisation can attend Totley Cinema. That means that you must be a library member in order to watch a film. Please bring your library card with you to the film.
- Refreshments will be available on the day/night, including cold drinks for children, tea/coffee for adults, chocolates, crisps and biscuits. We'll even be selling ice creams.
- We now have an on-line survey so you can get involved in choosing the next films to be shown at the library cinema. Click on the following link to complete the short survey: Totley Cinema Film Club Survey. Please remember to visit the survey regularly to vote on any new film suggestions that we have included.
- More information about which films we are showing can be found on our Facebook Page or via our e-mail newsletter (sign up below). Dates for all forthcoming films are as follows:
Children's film Sunday September 16th Ferdinand.
Thursday afternoon film Club Thursday 20th September The Post.
Friday night film Friday 21st September Darkest Hour.
Please note that there will be no films shown during during October and November due to the building works for the new disabled toilet and store room. Look out for the December films to be shown to get you ready (or may be distract you) from the forthcoming festive season.
Don't forget to regularly visit our film survey to have your say on the next series of films to be shown.
- Tickets for all announced films (see our Facebook page or our cinema section in the library) are available to buy from the main desk in the library. Tickets will cost £4.00 for adults, £2.50 for children.
- If you would like to know more about Totley Library Cinema or to receive our e-mail newsletter which will include details of upcoming films in the library, please fill in the form below.